So, I took the comments I got from the two editors and from my trusted reader and started my picture book completely over. From scratch. I even changed the names of the characters since it was a completely different story.

I got about halfway through and decided I didn’t like it, but I wasn’t sure why. I knew I had a whole new theme in comparison to the first theme, but that’s not the problem. I knew I’d chosen a different theme when I started the new version.

I think it’s the voice. It could be the story, though, too.

So I reread all the feedback I’ve gotten and…decided to go back to the original story. With the new theme. I think it’s working.

Sometimes I make things harder than I need to.

Revising the picture book

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *