1. That title (Yes, I Know the Monkey Man) is actually starting to grow on me. And if that’s going to be the title, it might be good to make a few connections TO the title in the book…which is going to involve adding a few paragraphs here and few paragraphs there and possibly even a page over there. Fortunately, it’s not too late.
2. I love my book group! Actually, I’m in two and I love them both, but I’m specifically referring to the adult book group, which I haven’t actually been a member of very long. When I joined a couple months ago, I only knew one person in it. It’s not easy to go into a group where everyone knows each other and no one knows you, but these people go out of their way to make me feel welcome. On top of that, I was kind of in a hurry to get home last night because I really wanted to catch the debate, but I didn’t want to appear anti-social. Well, guess what? Everyone else was in a hurry to get home and watch the debate, too, so we finished at 8:15. (We had the debate set on the TiVo and my family waited for me before starting…yay!)
3. I’ve biked 1,104.18 miles this season. That’s actually pretty low for me this far into the season. There were a lot of weeks I didn’t ride because of the flood…but I went back to jogging. I wish I’d kept track of how many miles I’ve JOGGED this season in addition to how many miles I’ve biked. I’ve probably only got another month, maybe six weeks left to bike…I don’t like to bike when it gets much below 35-40 degrees. But I’ll jog as long as I’ve got a clear sidewalk or trail.
4. My neighbors, who cannot keep the one dog they have on a leash (or in their yard) seem to have gotten a SECOND dog. Yesterday one of the dogs (they’re pomeranians) chased another neighbor who was out walking with her family across the street. These people do not see anything wrong with letting their dogs run loose. (Hello? We are NOT in the country here!)
5. I have a date to watch The Great Debaters with Fourteen tonight. I specifically held off getting that movie from Blockbuster.com until College Student was back home because I thought he’d want to see it, too. Apparently it’s a little too much of a “feel good” movie for him, so he didn’t want to watch it. Go figure.